Discover some of the best traits of an Alaskan Malamute
The Alaskan malamute is a dog breed that is extremely cheerful and active. It is suitable for a dog owner who likes to play a lot and is very active. The behavior of Alaskan malamute dogs is very friendly and playful. Alaskan malamute personality traits are exemplary and these dogs love company.
They are friendly towards other dogs and other animals as well. The behavior of malamutes is suitable for anyone with high energy levels, and they are great around kids.
Therefore, if you are thinking about getting a big dog, this one is surely one to consider, as it will bring a lot of happiness. Alaskan malamute character traits are more than ok, this breed is one of a kind, but it may be too much of a handful for new dog owners.
Alaskan Malamute dog behaviors and personality traits
Hunting instinct: One of the behaviors of Alaskan malamute dogs includes a great instinct for the hunt. They are very possessive when it comes to their food, so it would be a great idea to separate him from other animals while feeding. One of the things necessary, in order to have a dog that agrees with people, is to socialize the dog at an early age.
This is one of the most important things you have to implement if you want a well-behaved Alaskan malamute dog. Alaskan Malamutes need a lot of exercises to keep them at their best. They are pack dogs and meant for running, so you need to be prepared to spend a significant amount of time outdoors, much more than the average dog walk.
Stubbornness: This is another unique behavior of an Alaskan dog. It is relatively easy to teach this dog some new tricks, however, if you insist on the dog to continually repeat it, it might cause boredom. They have a playful behavior, but still, maintain a mind of their own which may be a challenge for new dog owners.
This particular personality trait is not just a personality trait of an Alaskan dog, it is a trait that all northern dogs have. Because of their nature, Alaskan malamute dogs are not suitable as watchdogs. The personality of malamute dogs is easy going, and they will approach every person in a friendly way.
They will lick and play with you which make them great active family pets and not watchdogs. Personality traits of malamute dogs are of a happy nature, and anyone who loves the outdoors and active lifestyles should give this dog a chance.
Gentle temperament: Alaskan malamute dogs are “gentle giants” and they are friendly to everyone, but especially towards the kids. They have a big heart and enough love to go around. One of the personality traits of Alaskan malamute dogs is patience. They allow kids to jump on them and to play with them a lot. However, you should be careful and never leave them alone with kids. Everyone has their limits, and so do they.
Are you prepared for Alaskan Malamute dog behaviors?
- Alaskan malamute dogs have their fair share of traits. They are well behaved big dogs, and they love playing and an active way of life. If you have kids, they would love this dog as a pet.
- Alaskan Malamutes love digging, and they can easily escape from the yard if you haven’t secured it properly. Any fencing should be buried as this dog is very adventurous.
- Alaskan malamutes shed heavily, so you need to be prepared for the work involved.
- They are certainly not low maintenance dogs, both when it comes to cleaning and exercising, so always carefully consider your lifestyle and whether it is a good match for the dog.
- Alaskan malamute dog behavior and character traits are to surely to wish for but be prepared, they can be a handful.
References: dogtime | dog breed | Alskan Malamute